Indian Chameleon | Kachindo
is the only species of chameleon found in India, Sri Lanka, and other parts of Asia
. I have captured this photo of the Indian Chameleon of Nyari dam, Rajkot
and this dam is 5 Km
far away from the Rajkot. Nyari dam is an attractive place for nature and bird lovers. Today, I am sharing some interesting facts about the Indian chameleon
(Kachindo) and also share one YouTube video in which you can see the one chameleon that changes its color.Some of the interesting facts about the chameleon are:
- The Scientific Name of it is Chamaeleo zeylanicus.
- They are available in shades of green or brown or with bands.
- The Size is up to 37-38 cm.
- It survives on a diet of grasshoppers, termites, crickets, and other insects.
- It has the ability to change color rapidly. The primary aim behind the changing of color is to communicate with other chameleons and to control the body temperature.
- It has an ability to focus or observe two different objects simultaneously and it can focus in a different direction with its two eyes.
I have also captured one photo of the Indian Chameleon. Click on the mentioned link to see the post: Meet the new spider men. If you want to see the video of color-changing Chameleon, Click on the mentioned link: Real Chameleon Color change. If you have any more info about it, feel free to share with us by writing comments.
This photo is captured by using Canon 1200D EOS (55-250mm lens).
The photo was taken at Nyari Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Below are the settings to capture this photo:
|Exposure Time:||1/320 sec.|
|Focal Length:||214 mm|
|Flash Mode:||No Flash, compulsory|